Hilo Contest Rules “Back to School Flash Contest” - Facebook and Instagram
1. CONTEST PERIOD
The Hilo Back to School Flash Contest (the “Contest”) is being held by Hilo Services Inc. (“Hilo” or the “Organizer”) for the purposes outlined in these Hilo Contest Rules (the “Contest Rules”). This Organizer is the sole operator of the Contest. The Contest begins at 10 a.m. on August 8, 2022, and ends at 11:59 p.m. on August 14, 2022, ET (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY AND REGISTRATION
The Contest is open to anyone aged 18 and over who is a resident of Quebec at the time of their registration in the Contest, except for any facilitator directly connected with the running of the Contest and any employee, administrator, manager, representative or agent of the Organizer or of one of their affiliated companies or subsidiaries or its advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers or consultants, legal or de facto spouses, or anyone with whom such employees, administrators, managers, representatives or agents reside. The Organizer reserves the right to verify the eligibility of any prospective winners.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
No purchase required.
To participate in the Contest on Facebook and earn a chance of winning the Prizes (described in Section 5), participants must:
- have a valid Facebook account;
- visit the Organizer’s official Facebook page and become a follower of the account: https://www.facebook.com/hiloenergie (“Hilo’s Facebook Page”);
- comment on the Facebook post on Hilo’s Page by answering the question about the Contest that was asked in the post; and
- comply with Facebook’s Terms of Service.
To participate in the Contest on Instagram and earn a chance of winning the Prizes (described in Section 5), participants must:
- have a valid Instagram account;
- visit the Organizer’s official Instagram page and become a follower of the account: https://www.instagram.com/hiloenergie/ (“Hilo’s Instagram Page”);
- comment on the Instagram post on Hilo’s Account by answering the question about the Contest that was asked in the post; and
- comply with Instagram’s Terms of Service.
Contest participants must respect the following limitations or otherwise risk being disqualified:
- Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address and per Facebook account for the Contest Period;
- Limit of one (1) entry per person, per email address and per Instagram account for the Contest Period.
All entries are subject to verification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole and complete discretion, to require proof of identity and eligibility for the Contest, in such form as is acceptable to the Organizer, from all Contest participants. Inability to provide such proof by the required deadline could lead to a participant’s disqualification.
) winners will be awarded one of the two (2) Prizes available (as described below) by draw on Hilo’s Facebook Page and one of two (2) Prizes available by draw on Hilo’s Instagram account. Each winner will win a $100 gift card from Cook It, a $100 gift card from Saint-Henri Micro-Torréfacteur and the Hilo smart home service corresponding to the size of their residence and their needs (the "Prize"). The Hilo smart home service is available in the following 3 options (the “Smart Home
- Option 1: One (1) Small Home bundle including three (3) to five (5) smart thermostats, up to four (4) connected devices, one (1) Hilo hub and the mobile application; a three (3) year commitment to participate in Hilo challenges; installation by a certified electrician.
- Option 2: One (1) Medium Home bundle including six (6) to ten (10) smart thermostats, up to six (6) connected devices, one (1) Hilo hub and the mobile application; a three (3) year commitment to participate in Hilo challenges; installation by a certified electrician.
- Option 3: One (1) Large Home bundle including ten (10) to twenty (20) smart thermostats, up to eight (8) connected devices, one (1) Hilo hub and the mobile application; a three (3) year commitment to participate in Hilo challenges; installation by a certified electrician.
The connected devices can be selected from amongst the following:
- Smart In-Wall Switch
- Add-on Switch (3-way or more)
- In-Wall Smart Dimmer
- Smart Plug-In Switches
Winners must read and comply with the Participant Agreement (see https://www.hiloenergie.com/en-ca/legal/entente-du-participant-contrat/
) which includes the eligibility criteria for the Hilo smart home service below, in order to be awarded the Smart Home that suits the size of their residence and winners must accept the conditions of the Participant Agreement:
- Offers are subject to change by Hilo at any time without prior notice.
- Offers cannot be combined and are limited to one type of offer per residence (a Small, Medium, or Large Home bundle) for the same Hydro-Québec account number.
- To take advantage of the Hilo smart home service and its offers, the participant must satisfy and comply with all Hilo smart home service Conditions of Use as outlined in the Participant Agreement available here: https://www.hiloenergie.com/en-ca/legal/entente-du-participant-contrat/ Participants must familiarize themselves with the Participant Agreement and are responsible in particular for ensuring that their residence is eligible for the Hilo smart home service according to the eligibility criteria listed in Section 1 of the Participant Agreement.
You should expect a delay of 2 to 4 weeks for delivery of the Prize.
In all cases, the Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize (or a part of the Prize) by another Prize (or element) with an equivalent value. The Prize is subject to all limitations and conditions as stipulated by the provider. The Prize must be accepted as-is.
6. VALUE OF PRIZES
The value of one of the smart home bundles (see below) plus the following inclusions: installation and programming of connected devices, the connected devices themselves (as selected by the winners and in accordance with the number allotted for each respective bundle), with a three-year (3-year) commitment as agreed upon according to the terms in the Participant Agreement.
- For the Smart Home:
- The Small Home bundle is worth $200
- The Medium Home bundle is worth $340
- The Large Home bundle is worth $480
The credit balance in the winner’s customer account will be $0
- The Cook It gift card is worth $100;
- The Saint-Henri Micro-Torréfacteur gift card is worth $100.
On August 15, 2022, at 9 a.m. at the offices of the Organizer, located in Montreal, a draw for four (4) eligible entries will take place from amongst all Contest entries received during the Contest Period.
- Two (2) winners, with eligible entries, will be selected by random draw for the Facebook post.
- Two (2) winners, with eligible entries, will be selected by random draw for the Instagram post.
A participant can participate in the Contest on Facebook and on Instagram (limit of one participation per platform). However, a participant may only win a single Prize despite participating on both platforms, in such cases where the participant should be selected as a winner on both Facebook and Instagram.
The Organizer will announce the Facebook winners in the comments of the post on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/hiloenergie). The Organizer will announce the Instagram winners in the comments of the post on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/hiloenergie/). By participating in the Contest, participants expressly allow the Organizer to publish their name on the Hilo Facebook Page and the Hilo Instagram Account if they are declared a winner of a Prize. The designated winners selected by random draw must contact the Contest Organizer by private message from their personal Facebook or Instagram account within seventy-two hours (72 hr.) following the date of the draw for the purposes of sharing their email address so that the Organizer can send them official notice of their win (the “Prize Notification"). If the selected winner does not respond or follow up on the Prize Notification within this time period or does not comply with the contest rules, this person will be disqualified and another winner will be randomly selected.
8. CHANCES OF WINNING
The chance of a participant’s entry being randomly selected for a Prize depends on the number of entries received during the Contest Period.
9. AWARDING OF PRIZES
In order to be declared a winner and claim their Prize, those randomly selected for a Prize must:
- Send their email address to the Contest Organizer by private message from their personal Facebook or Instagram account, within 72 hours of the winners' names being announced.
- Sign the Declaration and Release Form and return it to the Contest Organizer before August 16, 2022.
- Verify their eligibility for the Hilo smart home service at https://www.hiloenergie.com/en-ca/become-client/register/eligibility/ and confirm that the verification has been completed in the Declaration and Release Form.
- correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question provided in the Declaration and Release Form.
Failure to fulfill any of the above conditions outlined in these Contest Rules, or failure to reach the Contest Organizer, or should a Prize be refused, the winner will be disqualified and will not be able to claim a Prize. In such cases, the Contest Organizer may, at its discretion, permit a participant to transfer his or her Prize to an eligible person, rescind the Prize or proceed to hold a new draw in accordance with the procedure outlined in these Contest Rules, until such time as another participant is selected and declared a winner.
Upon reception of the duly signed Declaration and Release Form, the Contest Organizer will confirm the nature of the Prize.
If the winner satisfies the eligibility criteria for Hilo’s smart home service, the Prize will be hand-delivered by the certified electrician at the time of the installation appointment. An agent of the Contest Organizer will contact the winner within five (5) working days after reception of their Declaration and Release Form in order to set up an appointment for installation. The installation appointment will be made within the fifteen (15) working days that follow the date of this call.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS
Verification. The Forms and Declaration and Release Forms may be subject to verification by the Contest Organizer. All Entry Forms or Declaration Forms that are incomplete, unreadable, fraudulent, or recorded or submitted after the deadline, or that include an invalid email or phone number, an incorrect answer to the mathematical skill-testing question, or which otherwise do not conform to these Rules, may be rejected and do not confer a right, as the case may be, to enter the Contest or win a Prize.
Disqualification. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person who participates or attempts to participate in this Contest through any means contrary to these Contest Rules or in such a way that is unfair to other participants (for example, by submitting a number of entries beyond the allowed limit, through piracy, etc.). Such a person may be reported to the relevant legal authorities.
Contest process. Any attempt to deliberately harm the Contest website and/or any related site or to sabotage the legitimate running of this Contest represents a violation of civil and criminal codes. If such attempts are undertaken, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to reject entries from participants and seek reparation as stipulated by law.
Accepting Prizes. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be transferred, in whole or in part, in any case whatsoever, to another person or be substituted for another prize.
Limitation of liability: Use of Prizes. By participating in this Contest, winners agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Organizer and its affiliated or subsidiary companies, as well as their employees, administrators, managers, representatives and agents (the “Releasees”) from any damages that may be experienced resulting from accepting or using the Prize.
Limitation of liability: Provider of Prizes. All winners selected for a Prize acknowledge that from the moment the Prize is awarded, all obligations relating to the Prize become the responsibility of the provider of the services included in the Prize.
Functioning of Contest website.The Contest Organizer does not in any way guarantee that Facebook, Instagram or any related website will be accessible or functional without interruption during the Contest Period, nor that such websites will be free of all error.
Limitation of liability: Functioning of Contest. The Releasees are released from any responsibility relating to the improper functioning of any computer component, software or other communication channel, or relating to the loss or lack of network communications or relating to any other transmission that fails, is incomplete, or is incomprehensible, or that is erased by any computer or any network and which may limit or prevent any person from being able to participate in the Contest. The Releasees are also released of any responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the loading of any webpage or software or otherwise, or from the transmission of any information for the purposes of participating in the Contest.
Modification of Contest. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the present Contest, in whole or in part, in cases where an event or human intervention arises that may alter or influence the Contest’s administration, safety, impartiality or proceedings as intended in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, as required.
Termination of Contest participation. Should the computer system not be able to record all Contest entries during the Contest Period, for whatever reason, or if participation in the Contest must be terminated, in whole or in part, before the expected end date provided in these Contest Rules, the draw will be made, at the discretion of the Contest Organizer, from amongst the entries recorded during the Contest Period or up until the date that Contest participation ends, as the case may be.
Prize limits. In all cases, the Contest Organizer cannot be compelled to award more Prizes than stipulated in these Contest Rules, or to award a Prize in a manner that is not in conformance with these Contest Rules.
Limitation of liability: Contest participation. By participating or attempting to participate in this Contest, participants release the Contest Organizer from any responsibility for harm incurred as a result of their participation or their attempt to participate in this Contest.
Authorization. By taking part in this Contest, all participants selected for a Prize authorize the Contest Organizer and its representatives to use their name, photograph, image, voice, place of residence and/or declaration relating to the Prize for the purposes of publicity without any type of remuneration or prior notice.
Modification of Contest. The Contest Organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend, in whole or in part, this present Contest in cases where an event or human intervention arises that may alter or influence the Contest’s administration, safety, impartiality or proceedings as intended in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required.
Communication with participants. No communication or correspondence will be undertaken with participants for the purposes of this Contest other than as outlined in these Contest Rules or unless initiated by the Contest Organizer.
Personal information. The personal information collected about participants for the purposes of this Contest will only be used to administer the Contest. No communication, for commercial purposes or otherwise, that is not related to this Contest will be sent to participants, unless otherwise consented to.
Ownership. Declaration and Release Forms are the property of the Contest Organizer and will not be returned to participants.
Identification of participants. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the participant is the person whose name appears on the eEntry or who has been validated through their Facebook or Instagram account when their entry was submitted, and it is to this person that the Prize will be awarded if they are selected and declared a winner.
Decision of the Contest Organizer. Any decision on the part of the Contest Organizer or its representatives relating to this Contest is final and without recourse, subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec with regard to those issues under its jurisdiction.
Severability of sections. If a section of these Contest Rules is declared or judged to be illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, this section will be considered invalid, but all the other sections that are not affected will be applicable within the limitations permitted by law.
Facebook and Instagram. This Contest is not associated with, managed by or sponsored by Facebook or Instagram. Any information provided for the purposes of entering the Contest is provided to the Contest Organizer and not to Facebook or Instagram. Any questions, comments, or complaints relating to the Contest must be submitted to the Contest Organizer and not to Facebook or Instagram. Facebook and Instagram, as well as all of their affiliated companies, administrators, managers, agents and employees, are not responsible for any claim arising from or in relation to the running of this Contest and participants hereby release Facebook and Instagram of any liability in connection with this Contest. However, by participating in this Contest, all participants agree to respect the terms and conditions of use, contracts, and other policies and/or guidelines governing the Facebook and Instagram platforms and release the Releasees from any responsibility for any harm they may experience as a result of using these platforms.
Language. Should any conflict, inconsistency or discrepancy arise between the original French version and the English translation of these Contest Rules, the French version will prevail.
Deposit. The Organizer has duly paid the required fees relating to this Contest, as stipulated in the Act Respecting Lotteries, Publicity Contests and Amusement Machines.
Contest participants must remain vigilant for fake accounts and fake contests.
For the purposes of this Contest, the Organizer undertakes to never:
- request banking information or credit card numbers in order for winners to claim a prize;
- request the completion of a form to participate in the contest (only a comment on the contest post on Facebook or Instagram is required);
- call winners so they can obtain an activation code to claim their prize;
- subscribe participants to any Instagram or Facebook account other than that of @hiloenergie/Hilo: L’énergie intelligente.
Should any conflict, inconsistency or discrepancy arise between the original French version and its English translation, the French version shall prevail.