To pair the water heater controller, please follow these instructions.
- Open the Hilo application, go to the devices page.
- Tap the + in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Tap Add a Device.
- Tap Thermostat, in-wall switch, etc.
- Tap on Scan the Data Matrix code.
- Point your phone’s camera at the code located on the controller’s side.
- Tap on Continue.
- Press and hold the controller button for approximately 3 seconds (see figure 1). The center indicator light will turn from yellow to flashing blue and then to solid blue.
- In the app, tap on Close when you see The device(s) have been added! The devices page will be displayed again.
- Wait about 60 seconds, or tap on ⟳ to refresh the devices page, until the controller’s tile appears in the app.
- Switch off the controller from the app. The charge indicator light will turn off.
- Turn the controller back on by pressing the button. The charge indicator light will turn red and the tile’s status in the app will reflect the action a few seconds later.
- If you want to rename the controller tile in the app, consult an article on our web site by clicking here.