If, during a Hilo challenge, your actual consumption equals or exceeds your maximum consumption limit, the challenge will be considered as having not been met and you won’t receive the reward ($0).
Here are some actions that can increase your energy consumption during a challenge:
- Touching your thermostats during the challenge.
- Excluding several thermostats from the challenge.
- Airing out rooms during the reduction phase.
- Using hot water during the reduction phase.
- Using the oven, dryer, electric vehicle charger or any other high-power consumption device during the reduction phase.