Do not use a wall switch to turn a smart bulb on or off as it can cause the bulb to unpair from the hub. Smart bulbs should be controlled using the app. We also advise against installing smart bulbs in a fixture with a dimmer or in a three-way lamp.
Only one smart bulb can be paired at a time.
Note: If the lightbulb is new or if it blinks three times when you turn it on the first time at step 1 of the following procedure, go directly to step 3.
Follow these steps :
- Turn the bulb on for five seconds, then turn it off.
- Repeat this step five times until the bulb blinks three times and then stops blinking.
- Turn the bulb off.
- Go to the Devices page in the app by tapping on the lamp icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the + in the upper right corner.
- Tap on Add a device.
- Tap on Bulb, smart plug switch.
- Tap on I don’t have a Data Matrix code.
- Tap on Continue – This action will put the hub in pairing mode. The indicator light on the hub will blink blue.
- Turn the light bulb on.
- It will blink three times, and then a few seconds later, it will blink again three times. Leave the bulb on.
- In the app, tap on Close when you see The device(s) have been added! The Devices page will be displayed again.
- Wait about 60 seconds, until the smart bulb’s tile appears or is reactivated in the app.
- Pairing is complete. If no other devices need to be paired, press the button on the hub to exit pairing mode.