Perform the following steps in the order shown:
1. If you have already paired other devices with your Hilo hub, make sure you can control them using the app. If yes, go to step 3; if no, go to step 2.
2. Make sure your Hilo hub is connected to the Internet. The indicator light (LED) should be solid green or blinking yellow.
a) If it is blinking blue, press the button on the back of the hub once to exit pairing mode.
b) If it is solid yellow, perform the following troubleshooting operations:
- Make sure the network cable is properly connected to both the hub and your modem or router.
- Check that your Internet connection is running smoothly on other devices.
- Reboot your modem and/or router as necessary.
- Contact your Internet provider if you do not have Internet access.
3. Use the app to reboot your Hilo hub.
a) Tap the Menu icon on the bottom right of the screen.
b) Tap My hub.
c) Tap Reboot my hub.
d) Wait for the hub LED to turn solid green or blinking yellow, then try again to pair the device in question with the hub in accordance with its own pairing procedure.
4. When the message “Make sure your device is plugged in and powered on” appears on the app screen, tap Continue.
a) If the hub LED blinks blue, try pairing the device again.
b) If it does not blink blue, briefly press the button on the back of the hub, then try pairing the device again.
If you are still unable to pair your device, contact Hilo Technical Support.