To pair the water heater controller, please read the entire procedure before beginning.
Figure 1 - Water heater load controller - User interface
- LED indicator lights display the controller status
- Open the Hilo application, go to the devices page.
- Tap the + in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Tap Add a device.
- Tap Water heater.
- Tap on I don’t have a Data Matrix code.
- Tap on Continue, then press and hold the device button for approximately 3 seconds (see figure 1). The center indicator light will turn from yellow to flashing blue.
- Tap on Continue.
- The new device search will last up to 45 seconds.
- When detected, the controller’s center indicator light will turn solid green.
- In the app, tap on Close when you see The device(s) have been added! The devices page will be displayed again, and the water heater tile will be added.
- Switch off the controller from the app. The charge indicator light will turn off.
- Turn the controller back on by pressing the button. The charge indicator light will turn red and the tile’s status in the app will reflect the action a few seconds later.
- If you want to rename the controller tile in the app, consult an article on our web site by clicking here.